Respite Care Services
Respite Care will help you relieve the stress and fatigue from caring for your loved one. Its OK, we all deserve a break once in a while!
It has been well-documented that as a Caregiver for your loved one, taking a regular break from the care you provide can have a positive effect in a number of areas including your happiness, your outlook on life, and your ability to continue to provi
de exceptional care for a long period of time.
At Retire-At-Home in Red Deer and Central Alberta, we understand the guild that comes with leaving your ill or elderly loved one, even if its for a short period of time. The physical and emotional consequences of being a family caregiver can be overwhelming. We know you deserve a break, sometimes once a week for a few hours, or sometimes for a weekend getaway with a friend.
If this is the case, we have designed our Respite Care Services with you in mind so that you can truly relax and come back refreshed and ready to go again. Our company will tailor our services to the medical needs and personal preferences of your loved ones. Retire-At-Home in Red Deer and Central Alberta always strives to always exceed your expectations, so you can rest comfortably knowing your loved one is in good hands.
Our Respite Care Services includes all of the following services:
- Case Management by Nurses to oversee the care provided (we are owned and operated by nurses!)
- Personal Care including bathing, dressing and toileting
- Home Support, Housekeeping and Errands
- Attentive Companionship to help improve happiness and quality of life
The no-charge Case Management Services from a Nurse include the following:
- An initial nurse consultation in your home to understand your needs and can create a customized care plan.
- On-going supervisory visits to gauge your satisfaction and monitor your health progress. We also evaluate the work of your caregivers during that time.
- On-going monitoring of your care plan to ensure we are consistently meeting your health care needs, personal wishes, and budget.
- Advocacy services to help find the subsidies and benefits you deserve.
- Ongoing communication with your doctor and specialists as requested to ensure your care is maximized from all sources.
- Ordering any medical supplies and equipment you may require.
- Ongoing communication with your family.
- On-call support for questions and concerns about your service.