Personal Care Services
Receiving compassionate, customized service to help with your Personal Care needs can truly improve your quality of life.
The ability to remain independent in your home relies very heavily on receiving proper Personal Care Services. If you or a loved one requires help with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing and feeding, you want to ensure that the person who comes to help with these extremely personal tasks is caring and trustworthy.
Retire-At-Home in Red Deer and Central Alberta is owned and operated by Registered Nurses and we take the time to understand your medical needs and personal wishes to ensure you receive the care you need while feeling comfortable with your caregiver.
Our caregivers go through a rigorous hiring process where we review their knowledge, experience and personality – and of course a criminal record check! We match our caregivers specifically to your medical needs and personal wishes and strive for continuity of care, which means you get the same caregivers on an ongoing basis.
You can always be assured that we are listening to your concerns and special requests and that your comfort and safety is our top priority!
Our Personal Care Service includes:
- Morning Care and Bedtime Care;
- Help with specific exercises to stay active;
- Help with Bathing, toileting and dressing
- Reminders to take your medications;
- Skin Care, oral hygiene and personal grooming;
- Catheter Care;
- Perineal Care.
NOTE: when Personal Care Services are being performed in your home, our Home Support and Companion Care services can also be delivered as part of the service!
At no additional charge, our Nurse Case Managers provide the following services:
- Free In-Home Consultation to discuss your medical needs, personal preferences and budget;
- Regular supervisory visits to oversee the care you receive and evaluate the caregivers;
- Ongoing calls with family and professionals as needed.
- 24-hour phone support for your questions and issues.