Palliative Care and Hospice Care
Providing Palliative Care for your loved one is about comfort, care and compassion – for you and your whole family.
We are all forced to say goodbye to someone we love at some point in our lives. If your loved one wishes to remain in the comfort of home during his/her final days, Retire-At-Home in Red Deer and Central Alberta can provide customized, compassionate and professional services to help guide and manage this process for everyone involved.
Definition: What is Palliative Care or Hospice Care?
Palliative Care or Hospice Care is kind and sympathetic care of the client and family when treatment is no longer possible. The care that is delivered provides support to clients in the final phase of life and focuses on comfort and quality of life rather than cure.
Palliative Care or Hospice Care strives to help clients and families:
- Address physical, psychological, social, spiritual and practical issues, and their associated expectations, needs, hopes and fears;
- Prepare for and manage the process of passing away;
- Deal with the grief during this incredibly difficult time.
- Palliative Care or Hospice Care aims to:
- Oversee ongoing challenges related to the client’s pain and quality of life;
- Provide help and support and continual care focused on the client’s comfort;
- Help the family and client experience positive moments together whenever possible, through personal and spiritual growth, and self-actualization.
- Palliative Care or Hospice Care is suitable for people who have a terminal illness, regardless of their age.
Retire-At-Home’s Palliative Care or Hospice Care Services in Red Deer and Central Alberta
During the final stages of a person’s life, it is an extremely trying time for everyone involved, and that’s why our experienced and compassionate caregivers and nurses will provide truly customized and holistic service that aims to help everyone involved, especially the client. Our Case Management and Palliative Care Team in Red Deer and Central Alberta will connect with the appropriate palliative care outreach programs in the area, including experienced doctors and specialists, to implement and deliver a customized care plan that is suited to the medical needs and personal wishes of your loved one.
Our total care approach to Palliative Care and Hospice Care in Red Deer includes:
- Daily monitoring of your loved one’s health and ongoing changes of their care plan as required;
- Assistance with managing their pain;
- Regular bathing and personal care;
- Oral care;
- Constant repositioning in bed to promote skin integrity;
- Assistance with dietary needs;
- Regular dialogue with other health care professionals involved with the care;
- Regular dialogue with your family members;
- Ensuring the dignity and respect of your loved one is maintained;
- Arranging for Medical Equipment and Supplies;
- Filling in the gaps with public services to ensure consistency of care.