Hospital Discharge Services
It’s time to go home where you can truly recover! We’ll help take away the stress by managing everything for you.
We know how important it is for you to go home from hospital, but this transition can be stressful with everything that needs to be prepared: transportation, medications, meals, hospital equipment and more! Since 1994, Retire-At-Home has been providing people like you Hospital Discharge Services needed to help make this transition home as safe and comfortable as possible.
By calling Retire-At-Home in Red Deer and Central Alberta, one of our experienced Nurse Case Managers can meet with you and your family at the hospital prior to discharge to create a care plan specifically for you and work with your hospital Social Worker to be sure everything is coordinated properly. We will take into account your individual needs so that the little things are done according to your wishes. This will take the stress out of moving home so that you can concentrate on a successful recovery!
Our Hospital Discharge Service includes any of the following services:
- Performing all Case Management Services including hospital assessment with a Nurse
- Attending discharge meeting with other health care professionals at the hospital
- Reviewing the home environment before you leave the hospital to ensure it is properly prepared
- Coordinating Medical Equipment and Supplies that you may need
- Arranging your actual transportation from hospital to home
- Personal Care Services while at home
- Home Support Services including meals and housekeeping
- 24-hour call-in support and access to a nurse for questions and urgent matters
- Immediate response for additional care as required
- Ongoing communication with doctors or specialists working on your case.