Companion Care Services
The goal of our Companion Care Services is to lift your spirits and provide you someone to look out for you!
One of the most important aspects to remaining at home during retirement is ensuring you have a trusted friend to look out for you and to provide you with some social interaction. This can be essential to your emotional and mental well-being.
At Retire-At-Home in Red Deer and Central Alberta, we personalize our Companionship or Companion Care Services by getting to know you during our initial in-home Consultation. Our Nurse Case Managers take the time to understand your needs and personal wishes to find the most suitable person for your care. This ensures you are comfortable with your Companion and that they are someone you can bond with over time.
We understand, however, that you don’t just need a friend! This Companion needs to look out for your safety and concerns, accompany you on outings or appointments, and ensure all the little things around the home are taken care of. Rest assured, that with our Companion Care Services, we will properly manage the care you receive and ensure your complete satisfaction.
Our Companion Care Services in Red Deer and Central Alberta include:
- Companionship from a trust caregiver either in hospital, in a retirement home, or at home
- Respite care and overnight watch while in hospital, retirement home, or at home
- Cueing and directing all Activities of Daily Living
- Preparing light meals and supervising your cooking or eating
- Preparing grocery lists and grocery shopping
- Accompanying you on outings & appointments
- Conducting home safety inspections to ensure your home is always safe
- Assisting with care of pets and indoor plants
- Assisting with hobbies and crafts
- Interactive activities and conversations
At no additional charge, our experienced Nurse Case Managers are always available to oversee the care that is being delivered, answer your phone calls for advice and support and help communicate with your health care professionals or family.